It can seem overwhelming.
But when you take it one step at a time, “layer by layer”, you will have a clear vision of what is needed, and will spruce up, as you go through the “pilling process”.
- Remove (pack or eliminate) the obvious.
Eliminate Cluster – in all rooms, cabinets, closets, garage, out buildings, yard.
Eliminate dated style items – This does not mean shabby chic or mix of modern & rustic …
Eliminate personal pictures, personals items in the bathrooms, clear up the counters.
- You will be surprise how you will get into the layer pilling rhythm and become efficient.
- Keep just enough furnishing and decoration to dress your house , it will appear more spacious.
- Don’t forget the yard. Even natural landscaping may use little tidying, like weed-whacking, trimming.
- Once you have done all you can – Then you may consider improvements / fixes for which you may need to hire help – is professional staging tight or needed for your property?
- Value the next steps – Cost and return – for the kind /style of your property.
Here are some links about prepping your home for sale.
- HGTV – scroll down the link for multiple articles.
- Marie Condo official trailer – if never seen… make you way to a couple of shows to see the system, which is always the same.
Once you are done, I may make additional touches, if you are OK with it.